- 2009 Year in Review, 2010 Forecast
- Review of Assessment Methods for the BID (All property owners within the BID pay extra taxes that funds the BID - streetscape, planters, marketing, etc.)
- Review of Recommended Amendements to the Alcohol License Density Ordinance (ALDO) - This ordinance regulates the issuance of liquor licenses to new businesses. The Board is advocating abolishing the ordinance or making it more flexible. If you have any questions about this, please let me know.
More importantly to students, we also had a presentation on summer construction plans by the City of Madison Engineering Dept. Major projects include:
- Broom St - both lanes, from Doty to Johnson St, will be closed all summer
- Observatory Dr and Langdon St in front of the Memorial Union
- Sidewalk improvements around the Capitol Square, all summer
- Intersection of Park St and University Ave, most of summer but with lanes open
- 200 block of West Gilman
- Peace Park construction on State St - March to Sept.
The City's Engineering Dept. website (www.cityofmadison.com/engineering) will have more information on summer projects in the next few weeks.