Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Monday, March 30, 2009
1) Approval of the November 13, 2008 Minutes. During that meeting, the Dean of CALS reviewed the Wisconsin Bioenergy Initiative and Director of FP&M presented an update on Campus Facilities Communications.
2) Al Fish, of FP&M, gave an update on funding from the WI office of Recovery and Reinvestment. Because the actual congressional bill that authorizes funding was just passed in February 2009, the WI office is still sorting through the details and parameters. In essence, their are about 74 new competetive grants that are being reviewed and most of those are sponsored by the NIH, NSF and DOE. Further information on Wisconsin's efforts can be found at http://www.recovery.wi.gov/. Further information on the Federal effort can be found at http://www.recovery.gov/.
3) William Mellon, Associate Dean for Research Policy,. Graduate School, presented a presentation that demonstrates how the Graduate School intends to apply for Federal Stimulus Recovery Funds. The actual process began last fall and will occur in three phases. The targeted agencies are NIH, NASA, DOE and NSF.
4) Al Fish and Teresa Adam, of FP&M, presented an update of the SBC Higher Education Subcommittee. In Fall 2007, the CPC recommended five projects to UW System for a system wide competition of UW System construction. The five projects were:
- 21 North Park Street Purchase, $38.60 million
- Utilities, $31.71 million
- Integrated Dairy, Phase III, $2.76 million
- Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research Middle Tower, $67 million
- High Density Remote Shelving Facility, $9.7 million
With that, the meeting adjourned.
The Associated Students of Madison Shared Governance Committee Blog serves as a space for shared governance appointees and the UW-Madison student body to communicate on issues relating to shared governance. As part of their responsibilities as student representatives, appointees will post a report following each meeting attended.