Thursday, November 13, 2008
We are having our first Memorial Library Committee meeting on Monday and I just wanted to get any opinions or comments that any of you may have or have heard regarding the Memorial Library and student concerns. Let me know if you have any suggests or issues with the Library. We will be addressing some student concerns at the meeting so I thought I would open up discussion with all of you! It would be greatly appreciated. :) Thanks!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
1) Approval of the September 13 Minutes. During that meeting, the Campus Planning Committee toured the Grainger Hall addition and University Square.
2) Civic Participation and Engagement: I presented 20 minute presentation regarding Civic Participation and Engagement that asked: As a Committee, are we disregarding our responsibility to our community (Chancellor, Faculty Students, Alumni, Boosters, etc.) when we do not engage in meaning conversation regarding the University and how it affects the urban fabric.
A Microsoft '07 PPT copy of the presentation can be found HERE.
A 20MB PDF copy of the presentation can be found HERE.
As follow-up to the issues raised, Facilities Planning & Management will present their policies at the next meeting on November 13, 2008.
3) Alan Fish, of FP&M, presented an outline of the 2011-17 Capital Budget,
4) Julie Grove, of FP&M, presented an update of Chazen Museum of Art addition, and
5) Dan Cornelius, of Wisconsin Union, presented an update of the Union South redevelopment project.
- Welcome and Introductions (10 min)
- Lori Berquam
- Course Guide discussion with Joanne Berg and Karen Hanson from DEM (45 min)
- Enhanced and searchable course guide
- Aggregated information center
- Examples on slides
- Course listing will be dynamic
- When course was last offered and taught
- Cross listing
- Faster interface for searching
- Scheduler software parameters
- Time and day
- Closed sections
- ASM Constitution - Hillary (15 min)
- Listening sessions about the draft
- Feedback into University software
- Legislature makes policy
- Executive takes action
- Committee will give a presentation
- Halloween Update - Kevin (5 min)
- Discounted price for students
- Shriek week at the union
- UW police policy for Halloween activities on campus
- Student safety issues
- Band position and update - (10 min)
- Progress in investigation
- Protected individual student conduct
- Position appointed to interview band members
- Hazing allegations were confirmed
- Band representation
- Email Distribution - Lori (5 min)
- ODOS can not create an email constituent list
- Personally can gather emails to update your area about what is happening
- Can email Lori or Sue to post for the group
- Future topics - (5 min)
- Recap Halloween
- Snow issues
- Campus safety
- Student ticket distribution
The Associated Students of Madison Shared Governance Committee Blog serves as a space for shared governance appointees and the UW-Madison student body to communicate on issues relating to shared governance. As part of their responsibilities as student representatives, appointees will post a report following each meeting attended.