Friday, November 30, 2007

Academic and Nonacademic Misconduct Board

This committee is a little different than other committees. The non/academic misconduct board acts as the force which places academic sanctions, suspends, and when required, expels students. We only meet when there is a hearing to judge if a student has committed misconduct, and what punishment is required.
Just before break several of us attended a 2hr training seminar, and in the coming weeks I will be taking up my first case. Over the past few days, I have been trying to get ready by reading a HUGE binder full of regulations, which we as students must follow. It will be difficult to bring a report back from these meetings since I am bound not to discuss what took place. However, I will keep trying to post what I can. Feel free to post questions or ask me personally and I try to answer to the best of my ability!
On a related note because I may be involved with this case on Tuesday, I apologize in advance in case I am unable to take notes!!!
Talk to you soon!
Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

The Associated Students of Madison Shared Governance Committee Blog serves as a space for shared governance appointees and the UW-Madison student body to communicate on issues relating to shared governance. As part of their responsibilities as student representatives, appointees will post a report following each meeting attended.